Red at Sea

Red left behind everything she knew in Kansas City...and is venturing around the Mediterranean Sea on a cruise ship. Read about her adventures and personal experiences while aboard the Norwegian Jade.

Thursday, December 21, 2006

The Pride of Hawai'i

Well, I'm all settled in on the Pride of Hawai'i. I've been over here for two weeks now and a lot has happened. I worked 85 hours last week...to my surprise when I arrived I was handed handover notes and I started working. I was in charge of the Freestyle Daily, which is the daily newsletter that tells the guests what activities and shows are being held that day...they're guide to cruising. I also updated iTV, which is the Interactive television that is in all of the staterooms for guests to order movies, check out the daily shows and activities and they could also book shore excursions from their TV.

So I arrived on the ship and went right to work. I was notified that the newsletter was going to be reformatted and it had to be reformatted by Monday (two days prior). OH GOD! So I spent the week glued to my chair trying to find out how to reformat the damn thing and on top of it...write the current week's newsletter. It was HELL...nonetheleast! And Corporate wasn't paying me any more than I was getting paid as a hostess. So they were giving me more responsibility and no more compensation...doesn't sound good, right? So I told them that I want to go back to being a hostess again...with less responsibility and more time in front of the guests entertaining...afterall, that's why I signed up for this job. If I wanted to stay behind a desk, I could do that in KC.

So this week, I'm getting back into the swing of things as a Cruise Staff Hostess...and I'm enjoying life once again. I'll take pictures of the new ship and send them soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home