Red at Sea

Red left behind everything she knew in Kansas City...and is venturing around the Mediterranean Sea on a cruise ship. Read about her adventures and personal experiences while aboard the Norwegian Jade.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Hallow's Eve at Sea



So...I'm back folks! I'm going to tell you about my Halloween on the ship. I know it's a bit belated, but better late than never right?!

The ship had a halloween party for crew members on the back (aft) of the ship at the Waikiki Bar. We had a live DJ and costume contests...as well as alcohol...and you know what that means! Each crew member was issued two drink tickets, but when you're members of the cruise staff you have an in with the bar mafia...and they definitely hook you UP! The alcohol was flowing like the "Salmon of Capastrana" as quoted in Dumb and Dumber.



My roommate, Emily, went as a scary, demented Pippi Longstocking. She sprayed her hair with red dye and it ended up turning her hair pink for nearly a month. She looked like a leopard with pink polka dots. The whole cruise staff went as pirates...and we went all out. I was a wench, DJ Drew went as Captain Morgan, Michelle (one of my really good friends) went as a spanish-styled pirate and Liko (our Hawaiian Ambassador) went as a giant peacock.

The next night, we hosted a haunted house for our guests and crew members. It took us three days to build/create the haunted house. We used one of the bars onboard to host the scary wonderland. One of our tech guys had 3 boxes of decorations sent to the ship for us to decorate with. We had costumes, spider's webs, flying bats, heads, mummies, black lights and fog machines to enhance the atmosphere. The best part was dressing up as a monster and jumping out at the guests! I think that'll be one of my next careers...in the Halloween biz. Just kidding! I couldn't only work for one month out of the year...I'd get too bored!

It was definitely a great Halloween! Check out the pictures!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home