Red at Sea

Red left behind everything she knew in Kansas City...and is venturing around the Mediterranean Sea on a cruise ship. Read about her adventures and personal experiences while aboard the Norwegian Jade.

Friday, September 01, 2006

Boot Camp

I'm so sorry for not blogging earlier! I have been busy meeting new people (as I explained in my previous posting) by partying it up at the bar and adapting to my new lifestyle (including working 7 days a week)!

This week, I completed my training courses, which included fire fighting and personal survival (lifeboat) training. For the fire fighting course, we were bussed over to a local fire school, Joseph Sacco Firefighting School, and we put on the full gear and put out fires using a fire hose and in some cases extinguishers. We learned about all classes of fires and the different ways to fight each of them. To prove my experiences as a firefighter, I've included pictures of me in my extremely sexy fire outfit. It was one of the hottest days, reaching 97 degrees, and we were dressed in layered gear...it was definitely HOT!

As for the personal survival course, we had to use the facility pool to jump in and out of the liferaft...as well as prove that we were strong enough to pull others into the raft. In this class, we learned about food rations stored in the lifeboats and flares to use in case of an emergency. We were also tested by putting on a very buoyant outfit, Gumby suit, within 60 seconds and swimming across the pool.

I graduated last night and it was bittersweet mainly because I will not be able to go to Hawaii until I receive my MMD card (which has been taking roughly 3-4 weeks). Wish me luck in receiving my card very soon. I can't wait to get to the islands.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dean said...

Nice blog, interested to see how it is on a Hawaii Cruise Ship. You should check out this site for Hawaii Cruise Reviews

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home