Red at Sea

Red left behind everything she knew in Kansas City...and is venturing around the Mediterranean Sea on a cruise ship. Read about her adventures and personal experiences while aboard the Norwegian Jade.

Friday, September 15, 2006

Piney Point -- The Best Place on Earth



So I've been in Piney Point, MD for the past four weeks...going through training and awaiting my government-issued document, MMD, in order to board the ship. So the government is running behind on processing the MMD cards and mine, unfortunately, did NOT show up this week. Everyone that I've been working with in the HR office here at our training facility DID, in fact, receive their MMDs and are shipping off to Hawaii tonight to go to work aboard the ship. I, on the other hand, am flying home to KC in order to take a week off and relax. Yep! It's true...I'm coming home. I decided instead of staying in solidary confinement...I'd go home to KC so I can eat some real food (I've been craving sushi, burgers and BBQ) and wait for my MMD.

Here's what I look like when I'm at work...enjoy the Aloha shirt!


Hopefully, I'll be able to see everyone while I'm in town. KC here I come! For the meanwhile...you'all can view pictures of our lovely facility. Where when it rains, so does the roof; where the flies swarm; where the Piney Point Plague spreads like wildfire; where the carpet smells like mildew; and the food tastes like slosh...OH I'LL MISS THIS PLACE!

1 Comments:

Blogger Dara said...

Love the shirt, it compliments the hair! :p

7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home