Red at Sea

Red left behind everything she knew in Kansas City...and is venturing around the Mediterranean Sea on a cruise ship. Read about her adventures and personal experiences while aboard the Norwegian Jade.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Keipu Falls - Kauai



Every week I get a few days where I don't go to work until 6 p.m. or 7 p.m., which is excellent because I get some time to go onto shore and explore. We got a group together including the broadcast technician, A.K., stage crew, Jimmy and Paul, our cruise director. We took about a $15/7-minute taxi ride to Keipu Falls where we hiked through sugar cane, navigated across white water rapids, jumped off of cliffs and swung on a 30-foot rope swing.



The water was running down the waterfall very quickly because they had received a lot of rain that week, which made it very hard to cross. The rapids took a lot of strength because the rocks were covered with moss and you would slip on them very easily. You had to turn your back to the falls and grab a tight hold on the black lava rocks. I also went adventuring with Liko, the Hawaiian Ambassador onboard. We body surfed downstream, went hiking in the sugar cane and we found ourselves on a rice plantation.



Check out the pictures of our group. I especially like the first pic...check out my abs. Don't they look amazing! Also, there's a picture of Liko who made a lei for the falls. It's tradition to give back to the Hawaiian Gods by offering them some sort of gift. Liko made a lei and left it on the rocks as a "thank you" to Pele.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dara said...

Ha Ha. I was going to make a comment about your abs...they look amazing!...but you did it for me. I miss you Babe!

3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home