Red at Sea

Red left behind everything she knew in Kansas City...and is venturing around the Mediterranean Sea on a cruise ship. Read about her adventures and personal experiences while aboard the Norwegian Jade.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Lions, Tigers...and Monkeys?


Last week we were cruising the Atlantic and we made a few stops along the way. We stopped in places, like the Azores, Lisbon, Gibraltar, Malaga and Palma de Mallorca. This is my story about Gibraltar, UK...

Gibraltar is all about "The Rock." No! It's not Alcatraz...it's literally the only thing there is to do in this small community called Gibraltar. You start at sea level, where our ship came into port and within a matter of minutes, you're up at the top of the rock. At the top, the locals warn you about the monkeys...as you'll see in the pictures! These monkeys will steal anything from food from your hands to your purse off of your back, but they're so cute! They'll come right up to you and sit on your shoulder for a picture, but you have to be careful, because you have to remember that these are wild animals...carrying diseases. Luckily, I came away without any of them.



We took a taxi tour around the rock and it took us all of 1.5 hours to see all of Gibraltar. I snapped a lot of pictures from the top, we visited a cave, a castle and then I walked into the city and found a British pub called The Angry Friar. I tried my first British fish and chips...and fell in love. I also had a cider beer with my meal and it was delicious!



I saw some passengers walking around the city and told them about my day with the monkeys...that evening I ran into one of them and they gave me a stuffed monkey that makes sounds. It's so cute and it even has red hair...maybe it's a sign. Just kidding. Enjoy the photos!

Red

1 Comments:

Blogger Christy B said...

Megs! You look like you're having a great time! I sure miss you back here!
Thanks so much for posting more info. I love reading about all the places you're visiting...

Take care!

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home