Red at Sea

Red left behind everything she knew in Kansas City...and is venturing around the Mediterranean Sea on a cruise ship. Read about her adventures and personal experiences while aboard the Norwegian Jade.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Happy St. Patty's Day



I have to tell you guys that I was a little homesick this Saint Patrick's Day. I missed our holiday of taking off work and going out to the downtown bars at 8 a.m. to drink green beers and make memories to last a lifetime. I will never forget those days we had...I sent a few e-mails out and received several "out of office" replies. Oh how I was jealous!



I'm in Spain and the Spanish have no concept of what St. Patty's Day is to us Americans. Acutally last night was a bonding experience...all of the American employees aboard the Norwegian Jade went out to one of the only Irish pubs in Cadiz and drank our sorrows away. We went to O'Connell's Pub. It is in the middle of the Old Town and was packed with Jade employees. We drank authentic Guiness, Murphy's Irish Red and Jameson until our little American hearts were content! We also got goofy shamrock hats and bow ties with our Guiness purchases. Oh what a night to remember!

I hope everyone had a safe St. Patty's Day. Enjoy some of my pictures from last night!

Red

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home